Monday 15 April 2013

Not scaring myself

I have been doing some sampling.  Okay I haven't got all the heart data that I want AND the programming of footprints that I have done are from prints from my old Asics NOT my lovely new Asics that I will run in at Salts Mill, but I need to get started and see if my theory of how to solve some of the physical problems that I am going to have to overcome if I am going to make an embroidery 100m long.
One of the biggest worries for me is the physicality of handling big bits of fabric; where I can lay it out to measure and cut it; how it might handle under the machine; how I will know where footprints and heartbeats will go.
I have had a go.  Admittedly these initial pieces are only 2.5m but when together they are coming in at 5m which is the size that I am planning on working on....and most importantly that length fits very comfortably in my living room so it should work.  I do however have to roll the rug back for the photo but that's small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment